Modtronix Engineering has another take with esp32MX-E board that beside Ethernet also exposes a USB-C port, a MicroSD card slot, and also adds an STM32F0 microcontroller acting as an I2C I/O expander.
- Wireless Module
- ESP32 dual-core LX6 microprocessor at 160 or 240 MHz, 4 MB Flash, 520 KB SRAM
- Wi-Fi 4 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.2 BR/EDR & BLE
- Storage – MicroSD card slot
- USB – USB Type-C connector for programming, power, and Virtual COM port
- Expansion via 14-pin and 20-pin female headers
- 22x I/O pins of which 4 are inputs only.
- 4x 5 V tolerant I/O pins
- Not all I/Os are available when the SD Card is used
- Programmable pull-up and pull-down resistors on most inputs
- Secondary MCU – I²C I/O expander implemented with a user-programmable STM32F030F4
- Misc – User LED, button
- Power Supply – 5Vvia USB-C port, 4.5 V to 16 V via 2.1 mm barrel connector or Vx pin
- Dimensions – 64.4 x 42 mm
- Temperature Range – Standard version: 0°C to 85°C; industrial version: -40°C to 85°C
The company is also working on an esp32MX-EP board that will replace the MicroSD card slot with circuitry to add IEEE 802.3at-compliant Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) support.
You can find esp32MX-E documentation, schematic, PCB files, and later on software on GitHub. Modtronix also provides prototyping daughter boards and an enclosure for their ESP32 board.
esp32MX-E has just launched on Crowd Supply with a lowly $1,000 funding target. Rewards start at $30 with the board only, getting the industrial version adds $2, and getting a kit with the board, daughterboard and enclosure above requires a $37 pledge. Shipping is free to the US, $7 to $10 to the rest of the world depending on the selected reward, and backers should expect shipment at the very end of January 2020 if everything goes according to plans.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|