We’ve already seen some Quad Core Tegra 3 demos and talks about Tegra 3 Tablets coming this year, but we had not heard about real products yet. ZTE (中兴) is expected to releast ZTE T98, possibly the first Tegra 3 Honeycomb Tablet later this year., which has been spotted in Beijing by zol.com.cn at PT/EXPO COMM CHINA 2011.
Here are the ZTE T98 product features and specifications:
- Operating System: Android3.2
- Processor: Nvidia Tegra 3 @ 1.5GHz
- System Memory: 1GB
- Flash Storage: 16GB
- Display: 7″ Capacitive Touche Screen with 1280×800 resolution.
- Network: Wifi, 3G (TD-SCDMA)
- Built-in Audio Chip
- Video output up to 1080p
- External Ports: 3.5mm headphone jack and power jack.
- Battery: Lithium Battery, 4000 mA
- Camera: Front camera: 2 MP, Rear camera: 5 MP.
- Support for JPEG，GIF and BMP pictures
- Sensor: gravity and accelerometer
- 11.5mm thick
ZTE announced it would be ready in 2011, but no exact date and pricing have been released yet.
I suppose there is still more work to do, as some benchmarks (e.g. Quadrant score: 1956, Super Rabbit 2.1 (超级兔子2.1) score: 5624) show it is not yet ready for prime time. For further software optimization of the OS (or the benchmarks) for quad core maybe needed.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|