Here’s webOS roadmap until September 2012:
- January – Enyo 2.0 and Enyo source code released under Apache License, Version 2.0
- March – Linux standard kernel, Graphics extensions EGL, LevelDB and USB extensions
- April – Release of Ares 2.0, Enyo 2.1 and Node services
- July – System manager (“Luna”), System manager bus, Core applications and Enyo 2.2
- August – Build release model and Open webOS Beta
- September – Open webOS 1.0 Release
The source code for Enyo 1.0 and 2.0 is available today, but Enyo 2.0 is still work in progress as it does not yet include any UI widgets. I assume UI widgets support will be released in April with Enyo 2.1.
You can download Enyo platform and source code on EnyoJs website. The website also has samples, documentation about Enyo 1.0 and Enyo 2.0 as well as a forum for developers.
To follow updates about webOS Open Source and related tools visit webOS Developer Blog.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|