Texas Instruments announced the DLP LightCrafter, a Pico Projector evaluation module. This module is powered by an ARM9 TMS320DM365 processor @ 300 Mhz (with 1080p video co-processor) running Embedded Linux. It features a 20-lumen RGB LED light engine and projector, as well as TI DLP 0.3 WVGA chipset.
The DLP LightCrafter EVM is intended to bring DLP (digital light processing) devices faster to market and targets the industrial, medical, security and scientific instrument markets with devices such as pico projectors, 3D fingerprint scanners and 3D printers.
The DLP LightCrafter incorporates TI DLP3000-C300REF reference design with includes the 0.3 WVGA chipset, TMS320DM365 embedded processor and MSP430 micro-controller.
Here are the key features of the DLP LightCrafter:
- 20 lumen light output
- WVGA resolution (608×684 native)
- Up to 4kHz binary pattern rate
- Configurable I/O trigger
- DM365 embedded processor (ARM926E-JS)
- 128MB NAND flash memory
- USB, Mini HDMI, UART interfaces
- Dimensions: 117mm x 65mm x 23mm
It includes the following:
- DLP 0.3 WVGA chipset
- RGB LED light engine
- DMD (Digital Mirroring Device) controller board
- Processor and interface board
- Embedded Linux OS
TI also provided software for the reference design and evaluation module:
- Linux kernel, Linux filesystem, Linux product support package (PSP), application framework (APIs), codec libraries (MPEG4,H.264, MPEG2, G.711, JPEG), example programs, DSP Codegen, and CodeSourcery tool chain with IDE for cross-compiling and debugging target systems.
- Application reference SW for system initialization & shutdown, LED driver control, power supply sequencing.
- Extended display identification data stored in EDID PROM.
DLP LightCrafter EVM is described by TI managers in the video below.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|