Arduino Leonardo is a new Arduino board with a 16 MHz Atmega32U4, 2.5KB RAM, 32 KB of Flash memory, 20 digital I/O, 12 analog inputs and 7 PWM outputs. In this version the MCU takes care of USB communication with the host, whereas for Arduino Uno, a separate chip is required to take care of this, which makes Arduino Leonardo cheaper than Uno.
Here’s a summary of Arduino Leonardo specifications:
- Microcontroller – Atmel ATmega32u4 @ 16 MHz
- SRAM – 2.5 KB onchip (ATmega32u4)
- Flash Memory – 32 KB onchip (ATmega32u4) of which 4 KB used by bootloader
- EEPROM – 1 KB onchip (ATmega32u4)
- Operating Voltage – 5V
- Input Voltage – (recommended) 7-12V | (limits) 6-20V
- Digital I/O – 20 pins
- PWM – 7 channels
- Analog Input – 12 channels
- DC Current per I/O Pin – 40 mA
- DC Current for 3.3V Pin – 50 mA
Watch the video to get an introduction to this new Arduino board, and see how it can emulate a mouse and keyboard. The Arduino team sees potential to create game controllers, and use it for automatic input such a filling an excel spreadsheet automatically with Analog input data for example.
Arduino Leonardo is available now for 16 Euros + VAT without header and 18 Euros + VAT with headers.
You can visit Arduino Leonardo page for more details about this board.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|