Embedded Artists and NXP introduced the TN-20764, a board that can be used with Android Open Accessory Application (AOAA) development kit that features 2 NXP Cortex-M MCUs, at Embedded World 2012.
The board includes Ethernet, CAN and IEEE 802.15.4 interfaces as well as a remote CAN node, enabling designers to develop accessories for consumer applications, as well as home, building and industrial automation applications requiring different types of connectivity.
There are already Arduino and PIC-based Android Open Accessories, but this board is the first AOAA kit based on ARM Cortex-M micro-controllers.
As mentioned above, the board features 2 Cortex M micro-controllers:
- The NXP LPC1769, a 120-MHz Cortex-M3 based MCU, provides the interface to the Android mobile device via its full-speed USB transceiver . The LPC1769 also includes 512 KB flash and 64 KB on-chip SRAM, an Ethernet MAC, a CAN 2.0B controller, an 8-channel, a 12-bit ADC, a 10-bit DAC, digital connections including UART/SPI /I2C, numerous timers and PWMs, and low-power capabilities.
- The NXP LPC11C24, a Cortex-M0 based MCU, provides remote CAN node capabilities to the AOAA kit and is connected to the LPC1769 via an on-board CAN network. The LPC11C24 allows designers to take advantage of control functionality for temperature, light and other sensors, which are built directly on the AOAA kit.
Embedded Artists will provide software needed to get started including 3 royalty-free reference applications (demos) to test and build Ethernet, CAN and wireless functions:
- Demo 1: Controlling and monitoring the AOAA board from an Android device.
- Demo 2: Using the Android device to detect, control and monitor CAN nodes in a CAN network.
- Demo 3: Using the Android device to detect, control and monitor Xbee nodes.
Free software support libraries are also available for download at LPCware.com, including the emWin graphics library, nxpUSBlib, lwIP TCP/IP stack and more. Finally, FreeRTOS has been ported to the board and a demo is available that show how to use it.
Watch the board presentation below including description of the board and development tools.
The AOAA Kit for Android is available for 60 Euros / 79.99 USD on Embedded Artists website. It can also be purchased via NXP distributors.
The Embedded Artists AOAA kit is showcased at NXP booth, week at Embedded World 2012, Nuremberg, Germany.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|