So here we are with another 64-bit ARM SoC for mobile device thanks to Marvell ARMADA Mobile PXA1928 with four ARM Cortex A53 cores, Vivante GC5000 GPU, and a 5-mode modem with LTE TDD/FDD, HSPA+, TD-HSPA+, and EDGE.
The SoC will be used in conjunction with the company’s Avastar 88W8887 802.11ac Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 + FM + Near Field Communication (NFC) single chip solution, as well as 88L2000 Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) hybrid location processor, and the new 88NV1088 eMMC 5.0 NAND Flash controller.
Key features of Marvell ARMADA Mobile PXA1928 include:
- 5-Mode Cellular Modem Solution for LTE Cat 4, UMTS Release 7, TD-HSPA+ Release 8, and class 12 GSM/EDGE, and supports multi-radio, CSFB, and VoLTE voice solutions for LTE networks
- 3G/4G protocol stacks certified on major carrier networks and validated via extensive IOT, GCF and field trial testing
- Quad-core ARM Cortex A53MP Application Processor Subsystem
- Support for 1080p display, and 1080p video encoding and decoding
- Support eMMC NAND Flash memory interface
- Complete wireless capabilities with WLAN/Bluetooth/NFC solutions
- Support advanced mobile security features, including secure boot, root key protection, Widevine Level 1 support, and FIPS 104-2 level3 and 140-3 level 2 compliant
The company claims it will support both Linux and Android on its mobile platform.
Marvell did not disclose any pricing nor availability information.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|