If you are interested in upgrading your wireless network to WiFi 6 but don’t want to spend too much on it, the Jlink WiFi 6 (AX1800) may be an option as it is now sold on Amazon for about $35 with a 30% coupon (CGWTG9GR if ticking does not work).
Jlink AX1800 dual-band router highlights:
- 2.4GHz and 5GHz MU-MIMO WiFi 6 with up to 1.8 Gbps wireless speeds
- Support up to 128 concurrent devices
- Coverage of up to 1700 sq feet or 160 square meters
- TWT technology for low-power IoT devices
- Security – WPA3
- 4x external antennas
- Wired networking – 4x RJ45 ports with one Gigabit Ethernet WAN port, 3x Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports
- USB – None that I can see
- “Storage Memory of up to 256MB”
I could not find the specifications for the router, so all we really have are user reviews on Amazon. Most users are saying the user interface is limited and the router needs to be power cycled from time to time. Several are using the Jlink as a WiFi 6 repeater and most buyers seem relatively happy once the price (usually $40 to $50) is taken into consideration.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.