Xiaomi launched the Mi AX6000 WiFI 6 Enhanced router, not to be confused with WiFI 6E, at the beginning of the year. The router offers up to 4804Mbps link at 5 GHz, and up to 574Mbps with a 6+1 antenna configuration, as well as one 2.5GbE port, and several Gigabit Ethernet ports.
But for people requiring even more bandwidth, Xiaomi Mi AX9000 WiFi 6 Enhanced router offers even more wireless throughput using three frequency bands with four antennas each, and up to 1148 Mbps at 2.4 GHz, up to 4804Mbps at 5.2GHz, and up to 2402Mbps at 5.8GHz, which the company refers to as the 5G_Game band.
Xiaomi Mi AX9000 WiFI 6 Enhanced Edition router specifications:
- SoC – Qualcomm IPQ8072 quad-core Cortex-A53 processor @ 2.2 GHz with dual-core 1.7GHz NPU (network acceleration engine / processing unit)
- System Memory – 1GB RAM
- 1x 2.5GbE LAN/WAN port
- 1x Gigabit Ethernet LAN/WAN port
- 3x Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports
- 2.4 GHz WiFi 6 with 4×4 MIMO up to 1148Mbps
- 5.2 GHz WiFi 6 with 4×4 MIMO up to 4804Mbps
- 5.8 GHz WiFi 6 with 4×4 MIMO up to 2402Mbps
- Antenna – External high-gain antennas + one external AIoT antenna
- Up to 1000 devices connected at the same time on a single router
- Mesh networking with up to 10 routers
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 port
- Misc – 8x LED indicators, Power button, System reset button, Mesh networking button, fan cooling
- Power Supply – 12V/4A power supply
- Dimensions – 408mm x 133 x 177mm
- Temperature Range – Operating: 0 to +40°C; storage: -40 to +70°C
Like other Xiaomi router, Mi AX9000 runs MiWiFi smart router operating system based on OpenWrt with WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK/WPA3-SAE security, Wireless access control, and a control interface available via a browser or Android/iOS MiWiFi app. The router ships with a 12V/4A power adapter, one Ethernet cable, and a user manual.
Now you may wonder how a new frequency band can work with other devices… But based on the chart below from National Instruments, 5.2 GHz and 5.8 GHz are actually already supported by 802.11ax standard. It’s just that both frequencies may not be supported by all routers, so Xiaomi’s marketing team pushed it a bit by claiming this is a tri-band router.
Xiaomi Mi AX9000 WiFI 6 Enhanced is still an interesting router for people wanting higher performance, or many clients connected to a router. It is currently offered on Aliexpress for $223.99 plus shipping.