F9 Android Set-Top Box Features Samsung Exynos 4412 Processor
Geekbuying just announced they would be soon selling a tiny Android set-top box powered by Samsung Exynos 4412 quad core processor. This media player will come with 1 to 2 GB RAM, 8G to 16G flash, and run Android 4.0 (ICS), upgradeable to Android 4.1 or 4.2.
Here are the specifications of this device:
- SoC – Samsung Quad Core Cortex-A9 Exynos 4412 @ 1.6GHZ + Mali-400 Quad Core GPU
- System Memory – 1GB RAM (optionally 2G)
- Storage – 8GB flash (optionally 16GB) + microSD slot
- Connectivity – WIFI 802.11 b/g/n
- Video Output – HDMI
- Audio Codec – MP3, WMA, APE, FLAC, OGG, WAV, etc.
- Video Containers – AVI, MKV(XVID/px/H.264), MOV, TS, M2TS, RM/RMVB, FLV, 3GP, MPEG, DAT, MP4
- USB – 2x USB 2.0
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Weight – 109g
The device will come with an HDMI cable, a power adapter, a 2.4Ghz remote control, and a user guide.
Geekbuying ran some benchmark and the device get 13132 to 13500 in Antutu (1920×1080 video output), which is the highest score they’ve ever got one Android media players and mini pcs.
If you’ve been following this blog, you should know that Exynos 4412 is one of the few platforms to support GPU acceleration in Ubuntu (Linaro 12.11), so with some work, the box could also become a pretty good Ubuntu / Linux platform. An Ethernet port could have been useful though.
Availability and price has not been announced yet, but it should start to show up on Geekbuying and other Chinese online stores soon.