iWave Systems has just launched the RainboW-G15S, a Pico ITX single board computer featuring Freescale i.MX 6 Solo and Dual Lite processor at Embedded World 2013, in Nuremberg, Germany. This embedded board targets intelligent industrial control systems, industrial human machine interface, ultra portable devices, home energy management systems, and portable medical devices.
- SoC – Freescale i.MX6 Dual Lite/Solo, (Quad /Dual compatible)
- System Memory – 512MB DDR3 (Expandable up to 2GB)
- Storage – On-board Micro SD slot, standard SD/SDIO slot, optional eMMC support, and an optional SATA 7-pin connector (Probably just to make the board pretty since i.MX6 Solo and Duallite do not support SATA…)
- Connectivity – 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet
- USB – 2x USB Host Connector + micro USB OTG connector
- Misc – Half mini PCIe card connector, CAN Header
- Audio & Video interfaces:
- AC97 Audio Codec with Audio Out Jack & Audio In Header
- HDMI Port
- LVDS connector with Backlight & Resistive Touch connector support
- 8bit CMOS Camera Connector
- 2 Lanes MIPI Camera connector
- Debug & Status Indication Support
- Micro USB Debug Port
- Optional JTAG Header
- 4 Pos User Dip Switch & status LEDs
- Expansion Header – 84-pin header with access to MIPI DSI, 1x SPI, CSI0 Camera interface, CAN2 Interface, 3x UART, 3x I2C, GPIOs, optional LVDS1 interface, and optional MLB Interface.
- Operating Temperature – -20°C to +85°C
- Power Input – 5V, 2A
- Form factor – Pico ITX (100 x 72mm)
The company provides support for Linux 3.0.35, and can support Android 4.0.4, and WEC7 on request.
In some ways iWave Systems boards are similar to Wandboard Solo and Dual boards, but they target industrial customers rather than hobbyists, come in Pico ITX form factor, and the company provides technical & quick customization support for over 5 years.
Pricing and availability information were not provided. You may find out more information on iWave Systems RainboW-G15S page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|