Acer AerialCast Miracast Adapter Powered by Realtek RTD1185PA + RTL8192DV
Details about Acer AerialCast, a Miracast dongle have recently showed up on the FCC website. The device is an upcoming Miracast adapter features RTD1185PA media SoC and RTL8192DV Wi-Fi module, which specifications very similar to what is found in AX-01 Miracast/DLNA adapter.
- SoC – Realtech RTD1185PA MIPS24Kc processor @ 500MHz
- System Memory – 128 MB DDR3 SDRAM – (Etrontech EM6GC16EWXA)
- Storage – 128 MB NAND Flash – ESMT F59L1G81A
- Video Codecs – H.264, VC1, RM/RMVB, AVS Decoder
- USB – 1x micro USB for power
- WiFi – 802.11 b/g/n via Realtek RTL8192DV module
- Video Output – HDMI
- Misc - 1x LED
- Power Supply – 5V/1A.
The device sent to the FCC came with a 5V/1A power adapter, a micro USB cable, an HDMI cable, and a technical documentation. The device will be sold under the name AerialCast, but the model name is WN4507L. There’s no specific as to what the device is for, but based on the hardware and picture, it’s quite clear it’s a Wi-Fi display adapter which should support Miracast, DLNA, and other media sharing protocol.
You’ll notice two antenna connectors on the right of the PCB picture above, but there’s apparently nothing connected there according to internal pictures. These are two PCB antennas.
We’ll probably have to wait for an official announcement to find out details about availability and pricing.