$32 iPush Wi-Fi DLNA / Miracast Adapter for Android

Last time I wrote about Miracast / DLNA dongles, the price was about $55, but today I’ve found a new device closer to my target price ($25) with IPUSH Miracast adapter that sells for $31.90 on DealExtreme. [Update: Several users report it’s only a DLNA dongle, and it does not support Miracast yet]

IPUSH_Miracast_Adapter

Here are the specifications according to DealExtreme:

• SoC – Allwinner A10s Cortex A8 + Mali-400 GPU
  • Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n
  • USB – 1x micro USB port for power
  • Video Output – HDMI 1.4
  • Supports DLNA and Miracast mode
  • Power – 5V / 0.5A

The device comes with an HDMI cable and a micro USB cable used to connect the device to your TV HDMI and USB ports, or if your TV lacks USB, a USB power adapter.

However, I’ve done a little more research, and it turns out iPush is also a product designed by Action Semi, that just does the same thing, and with the same enclosure. zol.com.cn wrote about an event showing a Miracast demo with iPush and an Android 4.2.2 tablet powered by ATM7029. It could be DX.com got the specs wrong, or it’s just a product with the same casing but different board.

The specifications are as follows:

• CPU –  ACTIONS SEMI ATV6003 @ 400MHZ
  • Memory – 64M DDR2
  • Storage – 16M Nor Flash
  • Video Output – Standard HDMI interface
  • Wi-fi – 802.11 b/g/n (Support for Wi-Fi Direct)
  • USB – Hi-speed micro USB
  • Video formats – AVI, WMV, RM, 3GP, MKV, MP4, ASF, VOB, MPG, TS, TP, DVIX, MOV up to 720p
  • Power supply – 5V / 500mA via micro USB  port
  • Dimensions –  63 x 22 x 9.5 mm
  • Weight – 15 grams

The device runs Linux, and is said to be compatible with Bubbleupnp and Skifta, both of which are UPnP/DLNA Android apps. Some resellers tell you to install iPush APK on your smartphone or tablet in order to use the device. Please note that the maximum resolution is 720p, which may be fine, as many smartphones / tablets may have issues to handle Miracast 1080p smoothly. This device competes directly in terms of features and price with the upcoming Rockchip RK2918 Miracast adapter. If you search for “ATV6003”, you’ll find several companies offering DLNA/Airplay/Miracast dongles with different casings, but most of them do not appear to be for sale just yet. DealExtreme actually sells another device it calls D2 with ATV6003 for $33, but only mentions DLNA and Airplay, and not Miracast.

Bear in mind that resellers sometimes add “Miracast” in the description because it helps selling their device, but it’s not properly supported, at least with the current firmware. According to customers’ reviews, DLNA/UPnP appears to be working fine however.

Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.

Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples
newest most voted
Sander
Sander
7 years ago

@CNX: can you explain: can I use this device with an iPad to play video content from the iPad to the TV? If so, would I need to install additional software on the iPad?

Sander
Sander
7 years ago

And – just checking – this device does *not* support Airplay … ?

Cesar Cardoso
Cesar Cardoso
7 years ago

: so it *should* work with a Nexus 4 on the stock Android build?

JLCD
JLCD
7 years ago

More information about iPush dongle here:

Thiago
Thiago
7 years ago

I bought it today at Focalprice for u$ 25 using a $2 new customer cupon. Well, after it delivers i will write my impressions about it.

Andreid
7 years ago

It is not clear from the article, in this version http://dx.com/p/ipush-multi-media-wi-fi-dlna-miracast-display-receiver-dongle-for-android-white-218502 we have Miracast or not, somebody can explain … or confirm

Mark Birss
Mark Birss

Andreid

The dx item, http://dx.com/p/ipush-multi-media-wi-fi-dlna-miracast-display-receiver-dongle-for-android-white-218502 with the current firmware does do DLNA with video up to 720p, but cannot do “screen mirroring” / Miracast.

firmware version: 1.1.10.130517.AM

onebir
onebir

Focalprice iPush ($27.50, vs $30 at DX):

Ripan
Ripan
7 years ago

Bought it, good for DLNA but doesn’t support miracast. tried with samsung galaxy s4. 🙁

7 years ago

What is the procedure to upgrade the firmware (assuming it can be upgraded)?

The manual doesn’t say anything about firmware upgrades.

7 years ago

On firmware. I figured out that you can access the device through the IP address 192.168.43.1. You can change the language to English and there is a firmware upgrade screen. The question is, from where can you get new firmware?

7 years ago

I cracked mine open. It has the Action ATV6003.

I am pretty disappointed that this does not do Miracast.

Do you know where to look to for updated firmware?

The only PCB marking that seems to mean anything says: iP6003LJ-v4

I guess that the “iP” stands for “iPush.”

No big deal. It was cheap enough and you always take a risk when you buy this direct-from-China stuff. Sometime you luck out and sometimes you get something that is junk or does not do what is advertised.

onebir
onebir

$23 on sale:
But isn’t there an app with similar functionality for TV sticks now?

Thiago
Thiago
7 years ago

@Thiago Well, after one day of using i got some impressions: Ios: it doesn’t works with apple in apps. The only way i made it works was through IMedia Share. It works fine with sd mivies but it lacks a lot with hd movies. Works fine for music, too. Android: the same with ios but it has an official app at play store. It works very well with music, with beautiful screen. Its performance is better with imedia share, too because you have youtube and other sources to play online content. Overall: maybe for testing and improvements could worth purchasing… Read more »

7 years ago

I bought mine on Ebay. I contacted the seller. They said that the product was misrepresented to them. They agreed to take it back.

Nika Gerson Lohman
Nika Gerson Lohman
7 years ago

Hmmm… too bad I forgot to google and search to see whether it supports Miracast before buying it… 🙂 nevertheless, got it now – so if someone finds a firmware, would love to hear about it.

Regards,

Nika.

Nika Gerson Lohman
Nika Gerson Lohman
7 years ago

Btw, my firmware version i 1.1.10.130608en so it does seem there’s updates from somewhere…

Gunnar
Gunnar
7 years ago

Works great with airplay showing pictures and videos after connecting the iOS device directly to the ipush wifi-network.

Hans
Hans
7 years ago

Mine does not have airplay or even miracast. Bought it here advertised as ipush d2: http://www.focalprice.com/CX0207W/IPUSH_D2_MultiMedia_WiFi_DLNA_Display_Receiver_for_AndroidiOS.html

My firmware version is 1.1.10.130518.31V.CnEn

Any ideas if it could be updated somehow or did i get screwed as it right now only supports dlna and is not usable with my ipad?

Adam Toon
Adam Toon
7 years ago

Did anyone find a URL for possible firmware updates – I have been looking everywhere and found nothing? Airplay from iPhone works well on music and videos but I’d really like to get full mirroring working.

menno
menno
7 years ago

Is it possible to login from the linux console to this stick, or is this android on board?

Maybe that this stick will support native linux decoding

7 years ago

This device shows up as a “Plutinosoft AV Media Renderer Device” when I stream to it.

Mike
Mike
7 years ago

I would love an app for Win RT but I guess that I can forget that? Since Miracast should be integrated with win 8.1, I bought it. Now I guess my “last hope” ist an DLNA – App?

Anyone tried it with Win RT?

Christian Tavares
7 years ago

AirPlay only work with iMediaShare app on iOS 🙁

Andrew Grangaard
7 years ago

only the 128M version supports airplay. So, you need to make sure you get that rather than the 64. Even so, it sounds like mirroring doesn’t work, only airplay. http://club.dx.com/forums/Forums.dx/threadid.1314253 >>> Thank you for your inquiry, iPush D2 have 2 version, one is sku.218502 External link with 64M DDR, and it supports DLNA only, it doesn’t support Airplay. Another is sku.222491 External link with 128M DDR, it supports both DLNA and Airplay. Personally I tried this item sku.222491 External link before it’s added, and it does supports Airplay, so the one you bought from other site may be sku.218502 External… Read more »

valley_nomad
valley_nomad
7 years ago

Don’t see how this dongle can survive after Chromecast was released….

Nils
Nils

Hi !

Today i got this version:

It costed 22,49 Euro so … WHATEVER !

It definately works with DLNA & Airplay but of course NOT Miracast…
Of course i have an Android HDMI STick and the Software MirrorOps so that one can act as versatile Miracast receiver.

How would one update the Firmware, do you think there is hope they will deliver miracast later ?

Greetings,

Nils

Andre
Andre
7 years ago

First off, I bought one off eBay, mine came with firmware v1.1.10.130619. So it looks like they do have updates for this, but they’re not releasing it. If anyone has a newer version, please let us know by posting the version number. Secondly, I would like to mention that the 1 advantage this has over chromecast is that on android, you can send any video your watching directly to the iPush using allshare (which is preloaded, at least on samsung devices), just click the “change player” on top of the screen while watching a video to send it to the… Read more »

7 years ago

This Rocketfish Miracast adapter is on sale at Best Buy for just $30.

Stephen
Stephen
7 years ago

I just picked one up off of Amazon – running 1.1.10.130619 It does not work with my Panasonic TV (P50VT25), though it does work through some others. This makes it problematic for travelers. Miracast does not work, DLNA does. AirPlay works for audio, mirroring does not. AirPlay Video depends on the app. Build quality is not great, but acceptable, and there is no way to tell from the unit or packaging which sku you have. The device also really ought to be able to check for firmware updates. Dealing with the chinese is a factor (both configuring the device for… Read more »

Lance
Lance

@Stephen
Same here, streaming from ipad, found youtube worked over airplay as well as some web-based videos on places like cnn.com. HBOGo gave a network error on the ipush when attempted over airplay. Since screen mirroring isn’t supported, Netflix streaming failed as well.

L4C33
L4C33
7 years ago

Dear Gents, I plan to buy this kind of product. Please share your opinion with me. Let me expalin what I plan to use this stuff. I do not need any native internet streaming and browsing capability, not even to mirror the screen (but that would have been useful). I just would like to obviate the necessity of the HDMI cable, when I am playing movies from my notebook. My TV is on the opposite corner of the room and I always have to move the laptop right front of the TV (it is not an option to use a… Read more »

onebir
onebir

If this is it, CNX’s $25 price target has proven accurate:

Lester
Lester
7 years ago

Could you please tell me where you bought yours? Since some users dont have airplay support and yours is. I need airplay. Please let me know, thx. @Adam Toon

Presby
Presby
7 years ago

I ordered 3 of these devices and shipped back the first 2 because I thought they were broken, when I received the third device it did not work either, I could connect to the WiFi on the iPush but never got anything to display. I took it to a friends house and it worked with no issues, I have 3 Panasonic TV’s (different models / with the latest firmware) in my house and it will not work on any of them. It is a neat device but completely useless if you own a Panasonic TV

Adam Toon
Adam Toon
7 years ago

I think you may have misunderstood my comment. Yes, my dongle has airplay but it does not mirror fully (which is what I think most people would want from this device i.e. play games through it etc). This dongle will allow you to push music through it (their is a slight delay when transmitting) and it sends images (e.g. from your photo library on your iPhone). It does not support video (for example from Youtube or videos taken by the onboard camera). I purchased another similar dongle called an S-Push but I think it is fair to say, it is… Read more »

Rod
Rod
7 years ago

My problem is that it won’t connect to my router (hidden SSID). When I fill all the Network data in the screen says “out of scope”… any ideas?

Jens
Jens
7 years ago

I just got my IPUSH D2 in the mail. It carries fw 1.1.10.130619. Not sure how long it has been on the shelf etc, but it seems as if this is still the latest version shipped. If anyone finds out where to get an update please enlight me! 🙂

Advertisements