Arduino MKRZero is a Smaller Arduino Zero Board
Arduino Zero was unveiled over two years ago with an Atmel SAMD21G18 ARM Cortex M0+ MCU in Arduino Uno Rev.3 form factor, the company has now launched Arduino MKRZero with the same MCU but using the much smaller Arduino MKR1000 form factor.
- MCU – Atmel/Microchip SAMD21 32-bit ARM Cortex M0+ MCU @ 48 MHz with 32 KB SRAM, 256 KB flash (8KB for bootloader)
- External Storage – micro SD slot
- Digital I/O Pins – 22x GPIOs with 12x PWM, UART, SPI, and I2C, 8x external interrupts
- Analog Pins – 7x analog inputs (8/10/12-bit ADC), and 1x analog output (10-bit DAC)
- DC Current per I/O Pin – 7 mA
- USB – 1x micro USB port for power and programming
- Debugging – USB via Atmel’s Embedded Debugger (EDBG) on-board debugger, and JTAG
- Misc – reset button, 1x LED (pin 32), 32.768 kHz RTC
- 5V via micro USB port or Vin pin
- Battery connector for LiPo battery (3.7V, 700mAh minimum)
- 5V and 3.3V pins can support up to 600 mA
- I/O Operating Voltage – 3.3V
- Dimensions – MKR1000 board form factor
The board can be programmed with the Arduino IDE or Arduino Web Editor, and the board is fully open source hardware (Eagle CAD) like all other official Arduino boards. You’ll find relevant info and documentation on the product page.
Arduino MKRZero can be purchased now for $21.90 or €20.90 plus tax and shipping on Arduino store.