Arduino LLC has launched a new official Arduino board with MKR1000 board under the Arduino brand in the US, and Genuino brand in the rest of the world. The tiny board features Atmel ATSAMW25 SmartConnect module comprised of Atmel SAMD21 ARM Cortex-M0+ MCU, WINC1500 2.4GHz 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi chip, and ECC508 CryptoAuthentication device.
- MCU – Atmel SAMD21 Cortex-M0+ MCU @ 48 MHz with 32KB SRAM, 256 KB flash memory
- WiFi – 802.11b/g/n WiFi (2.4 GHz) via WINC1500 with 1×1 PCN antenna, support for SHA 256 certificates.
- 8x digital I/Os
- 12x PWM pins
- 1x UART, 1x SPI, 1x I2C
- 7x analog input pins
- 1x analog output pin
- 8x external interrupts
- Operating voltage – 3.3V
- DC Current per I/O Pin – 7 mA
- USB – micro USB port for power and programming
- Misc – RTC, power and charge LEDs
- Power Supply
- 5V only via USB or VIN pin
- Li-Po single cell, 3.7V, 700mAh minimum
- Dimensions – TBD
The board is programmable with the Arduino IDE, as with all other Arduino boards, however, you must be aware that I/Os only support 3.3V (not 5V like most Arduino board), and VIN only support 5V, and not a voltage range as on Arduino UNO for example. You can find more documentation including the hardware designs files on Arduino / Genuino MKR1000 product page, and the Getting Started Guide.
Arduino MKR1000 and Genuino MKR1000 boards sell respectively for $34.99 and 30.99 Euros + VAT on Arduino.cc store.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|