Shenzhen Lenkeng Technology is a company specializing in video converters, splitters, and extender products. One of their latest product is LKV380Pro HDbitT HDMI over powerline extender that allows to carry one HDMI signal from a source to up to 4 displays through existing electrical cabling.
- Technology – HDMI over power line with HDbitT technology
- Video I/O – 1x HDMI 1.3 / HDCP 1.2 output, transmitter also includes an HDMI loop out.
- Resolution – 480i/p, 576i/p, 720p50/60, 1080i50/60, and 1080p50/60
- Range – 1080p video transmission up to 300 meters
- One transmitter supports to 4 receivers simultaneously
- IR pass back function (20 to 60 kHz IR devices) with IR output on transmitter, and IR input on receivers.
- Security – AES encryption
- Power Supply – 100~240V AC
- Dimensions – 150 x 92.7 x 25 mm
- Weight – Tx: 330 grams, Rx: 316 grams
One potential case use at home would be for digital TV, where you may have a single access point to the antenna, and this solution would allow you to receive TV channels from another room, using the IR receivers and transmitter on the device. It would also be interesting in locations where you need to show one source to many such as retail locations, universities, airports, etc…, and probably some industrial applications. You can watch a short video demo on Facebook.
The company quoted me $256 for a sample kit with one transmitter and one receiver. You can visit Lenkeng LKV380Pro product page for more information.