Texas Instruments is currently offering 50% discount on selected development kits for its Facebook Fans for purchase on TI eStore until stocks last.
The two development kits are sold at 50% discount:
- EZ430-Chronos-433 – eZ430-Chronos Wireless Watch Development Tool, a highly integrated, wireless development system based for the CC430 in a sports watch. It may be used as a reference platform for watch systems, a personal display for personal area networks, or as a wireless sensor node for remote data collection. The original price is 49 USD, but it can be ordered for 24.50 USD (including shipping) with the promo code: FCB-sfVwiUYe
- EZ430-F2013 – MSP430 USB Stick Development Tool, a complete development system with detachable target board and USB emulator. Ideal for new users. The original price is 20 USD, but it can be ordered for 10 USD (including shipping) with the promo code: FCB-ZC7Y86yQ
I’ve ordered the Wireless Watch Development Tool and it’s supposed to include:
- eZ430-Chronos wireless watch
- eZ430 USB programming and debugging interface
- CC1111 USB RF access point
- Mini Phillips screwdriver
- CD containing documentation and development software
The device is based on CC430F6137 (part of MSP430 Series), an 16-bit MCU with32KB Flash, 4KB RAM, CC1101 Radio, AES-128, 12Bit ADC, USCI and LCD driver.
The software development tools are IAR Kickstart and Code Composer Studio integrated development environments which includes an assembler, linker, simulator, source-level debugger, and code limited C-compiler
Check out eZ430-Chronos Development Tool User’s Guide (Rev. C) for details.
I’ll probably play around for a while, and after that I’ll still get a cool (and reasonably priced) Texas Instruments watch and remote control for my computer.
Here’s the official TI video about this amazing devkit.