On September 1, at the IFA 2011 in Berlin, Samsung unveiled the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 tablet powered by a 1.4GHz dual-core processor, probably Samsung Exynos Cortex-A9 processor used in Samsung Galaxy S2.
Nobody could have guessed but the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 actually features a 7.7″ touchscreen display using Super AMOLED Plus technology (as in Samsung Galaxy S2 smartphone), at first for a screen of this size. The resolution is 1280×800 (WXGA).
It is almost as thin as Toshiba AT200 tablet with a thickness of 7.89 mm (vs 7.7 mm) and weights only 335 grams.
- Display: 7.7″ 1280×800 (WXGA) Super AMOLED Plus
- Processor: 1.4 Ghz Dual Core application processor
- Network: LTE & HSPA + 21Mbps | Wifi 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Memory: 16/32/64 GB movi NAND + microSD 9up to 32 GB)
- Cameras: 3MP AF LED (Main) + 2 MB FF (Front)
- Dimensions: 196.7 x 133 x 7.89 mm, 355g
- Battery: 5,100 mAh (up to 10 hours of video playback)
- OS: Android Honeycomb 3.2v
On the software side, beside runing Android honeycomb, it also comes with Samsung own UI the Samsung TouchWiz UX ans Samsung claims to have a special zoom mode to “optimize applications that are not designed to run on larger screen sizes, so they fit on the entire screen without distortion”.
You can watch the official promotion video for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 below.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|