Toshiba also announced the Toshiba AT200, a 10″ Android 3.2 Tablet powered by a Texas Instruments OMAP4430 @ 1.2 GHz at IFA 2011. At 7.7mm thick, it is said to be the thinnest tablet in the world. It feature an IPS (In-plane switching) screen for better viewing angle and color reproduction and 7 to 11 hours battery life is expected for normal usage.
Here are Toshiba AT200 specifications:
- Processor: Texas Instruments OMAP4430 @ 1.2GHz.
- Memory: 1GB of RAM and up to 64GB of flash storage.
- Display: 10.1-inch capacitive touchscreen with 1280 x 800 pixel resolution.
- Cameras: 5 MP (rear) and 2 MP (front).
- Expansion: microSD slot.
- WiFi (802.11b/g/n)
- Other I/O:
- docking connector
- Battery: 7 to 11 hours of operation.
- Dimensions : 256 x 176 x 7.7 mm
- Weight: 558g
They only have prototypes of the device for now, and will only sell it in Q4 2011 and promised that it would be available for Xmas 2011 (in Europe) in the interview below. The price is not available yet, but they said it would be a competitive price… right…
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.