Intel recently published the Intel® Atom™ Processor D2000 Series and N2000 Series Datasheet (PDF). The D2000 and N2000 Series (Codenamed ” Cedar Trail”) includes four new CPUs targeted at Desktops (D2000 Series) and Netbooks (N2000 Series):
- Atom N2600 @ 1.86 GHz – Up to 2 GB memory – 42 USD
- Atom N2800 @ 2.13 GHz – Up to 4 GB memory – 47 USD
- Atom D2500 @ 2.13 GHz- Up to 4 GB memory – 42 USD
- Atom D2700 @ 2.40 Ghz – Up to 4G memory – 52 USD
Those processors will be manufactured using 32nm technology and the D2000 series will replace the existing Atom N475 and N455. The CPUs will also feature an integrated GPU (SGXS45 PowerVR Core) that supports DirectX 10.1 technology and OpenGL 3.0. The processors will support Blu-Ray 2.0 and resolution up to 1080p (1920×1080) and even 2560×1600 for D2000 series via the DP interface.
The Cedar Trail Atom processors will support 5 different display interface: LVDS (Single Channel), eDP (Embedded DisplayPort), VGA (CRT/DAC), DP (DisplayPort) and HDMI/ DVI.
The power consumption of those processors is not low enough to be used in tablets, but should give good battery life to netbooks and nettops:
- Atom N2600 – TDP <= 3.5 Watt.
- Atom N2800 – TDP <= 6.5 Watt.
- Atom D2500 & D2700 – TDP <= 10 Watt
In a presentation delivered at IDF 2011 (Beijing) in April, Intel announced that it would support Chrome OS, Windows and Meego on this platform. Recent events regarding Meego have certainly changed that.
Intel has not setup a webpage for Atom N2000 and D2000 series processors yet, but the Intel Atom D2000 Series Product Brief is available as well as three technical documents:
- Intel® Atom™ Processor D2000 Series and N2000 Series Datasheet Volume 1/2
- Intel® Atom™ Processor D2000 Series and N2000 Series Datasheet Volume 2/2
- Intel® Atom™ Processor D2000 Series and N2000 Series Specification Update
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|