Archos has just released a new firmware for Archos 80 G9 / 101 G9 and A70B.
Here’s the changelog:
Version 3.2.77 – December 6th, 2011
- Google apps: new Honeycomb release 6 integrated. It fixes Video GTalk crash when switching cameras on devices with only one camera. Now Google+ is part of the firmware.
- Archos media server: allow connected TVs to play video from your tablet via network
- Network shortcuts: it is now possible to create network shortcuts in file/music/video browsers
- Accessories: external USB audio cards (DAC) support has been added
- Media center: a new progress bar slider indicates resume position on videos already played
- Media center: in regular list view, the title of the TV show episode is appended after the season and episode numbers
- File manager: support of zip files
- Music: fix repeat mode
- Audio: decrease loud volume glitches on notifications while playing music
- Media database: remove muSD card related entries when the card is ejected
- Media center: global resume displays posters when available
- File manager: fix UI glitches when dragging files after cycling through dual/single panel display
- Network shares: make sure authentication credentials are asked when entering a samba protected share folder with Archos media center
- MTP: device icons for A80S/H and A101S/H have been added for display on the Windows PC
- Display: fix touch panel events sometimes not taken into account
- Display: fix blinking of icons occurring sometimes in applications (e.g. Android Market)
- Display: increase of icon redraw speed when moving application icons on launcher
- 3G: correct telia.se and add Polen Telekom APNs
- Battery: make sure led blinks at full charge
- Battery: issue a warning that the product will stop charging if powered off while on DCin in the shutdown menu
- Battery: a new shutdown policy has been implemented when in suspend to ensure that product still has battery when powered back on. Shutdown of the device occurs when it reaches 50% of the battery capacity when the screen was last on.
The firmware can be downloaded at http://update.archos.com/9/gen9/gen9_3.2.77/firmware_archos_it4.aos
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|