Here are the main changes compared with the code preview:
- SDK support for Windows, in addition to Ubuntu
- SDK source code is now available
- Tizen Web UI framework extends jQuery Mobile to make developing web applications easier with optimized widgets.
- Tizen Web API provides more features, such as setting an alarm, accessing media contents, retrieving system information, and more.
- Tizen uses a bootloader based on U-Boot.
The Tizen team emphasizes that this version is Beta and that it is not yet designed for use to create production applications.
Since Windows is now supported, the development machine requirements have slightly changed as follows:
- Ubuntu 10.04/10.10/11.04/11.10 32-bit, Windows XP SP3/7 32-bit (Mac version will be available soon)
- At least dual-core 2 GHz CPU (recommend VTx supported by CPU)
- At least 2 GB of RAM memory
- At least 3 GB of free disk space
- Local administrator authority
- At least 1280×1024 screen resolution
If you are a developers and reviewed the source code and/or SDK, and have some feedback, you can contact them via:
- General mailing list for general questions about the project, the community, or events.
- Tizen application developer mailing list for questions or feedback about development for applications that will run on top of Tizen using the Tizen SDK / APIs.
- Tizen product developer mailing list for questions or feedback about development for the operating system distribution.
- IRC channel for general discussions about Tizen.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|