Norco recently unveiled a BIS-6332A, a platform based on Freescale i.MX6 processor compliant with Intel’s Open Pluggable Specification (OPS) mainly to be used as a digital signage player, but also as a fanless Box PC, a media player, a point of sale and more. The open pluggable specification (OPS) defines mechanical and electrical characteristics so that you can easily replace a OPS compliant board or device with another compliant platform.
Here are the specifications of the device:
- SoC – Freescale Cortex-A9 i.MX 6 series (Single-core/dual-core/ Quad Core CPUs)
- System Memory – Onboard 1GB/2GB DDR3 800MHz RAM
- 1xMicro SD
- 4GB/8GB iNAND flash
- 1x SATAII for 2.5″ HDD or SSD
- Video Output – 1x HDMI (front panel), 1x HDMI ( extended by OPS slot) and LVDS
- 10/100/1000Mbps LAN (Atheros AR8033)
- On-board USB WIFI
- 3G (optional)
- USB – 2x USB on front panel, 3x USB provided via OPS slot, one 2x5Pin USB interface
- Audio – 1x Mic, 1x Headphone
- LED – Indicator LED, PWR_LED
- Power Supply – +12V~19V power supplied via OPS slot
- Temperature Range – Operating Temp: 0℃～55℃ / Storage Temp: -40℃～80℃
- Dimensions – 200mm× 119mm× 30mm
The company provides Android 4.0 support for the platform, but apparently not Linux.
Inside the player, you can find OPS-4500 motherboard which can provide the features mentioned above, and 2x CAN, 6x USB2.0, 1x Mini USB OTG, 5x 4-wire serial port (COM2: RS422/RS485), a Mini PCIe slot, an IR port and 16 GPIOs.
BIS-6332A (and BIS-6332B) are available now at an undisclosed price. You can find more information about the players, and OPS-4500 i.MX6 motherboard on Norco’s ARM products page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|