- 2.8 GHz dual core operation
- 1 GHz operation at 0.63V instead of 1.1V when using bulk CMOS technology.
You can see those 2 use cases in the video demo. In the first demo, a phone prototype based on L8580 @ 2.8Ghz is clearly faster than the Samsung Galaxy S3 based on Exynos 4412, and the second demo shows power measurement of the prototype when ran at 1GHz.
- Low-power eQuad processor clocked at up to 2.5Ghz based on ARM Cortex-A9 processor
- Imagination Technologies POWERVR SGX544 GPU
- Dual multimedia DSP for low-power, flexible media processing
- High-bandwidth Dual LP-DDR2 interface
- Full HD 1080p camcorder, multiple codecs supported (H264 HP, VC-1, MPEG-4), 3D HD video capture and display
- High-resolution, touchscreen display support up to WUXGA
- Simultaneous dual display support up to dual qHD
- Dual camera support up to 20 Mpixel and 5 Mpixel
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GNSS (GPS+GLONASS), FM and NFC enabled platform
- LTE FDD/TDD, HSPA+, TD-SCDMA, EDGE with rdio supporting up to 10 LTE/WCDMA/GSM bands.
- Built-in USB 2.0, HDMI out
- Optional support for mobile TV standards
You can find more information on ST Ericsson Novathor L8580 page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.