NXP unveiled LPC810 & LPC812 Cortex M0+ MCUs in November 2012, and more recently at Embedded World 2013, the company announced LPC810 and LPC812 microcontrollers availability together with LPC800-MAX, a development board based on NXP LPC812 compatible with mbed, Arduino and LPCXpresso headers which will be released in April 2013.
LPC800-MAX board features:
- MCU – LPC812 Cortex M0+ in TSSOP20 package
- Onchip memory – 4KB SRAM and 16KB Flash.
- On-board debug interface (mbed USB onboard interface) on a LPC11U35
- Top of board has Arduino compatible connectors, bottom of board has mbed and LPCXpresso connectors. Routing configurable via Switch Matrix.
- 3 color user LED, same one as on the LPC800 Xpresso
- A PCF8591 I2C ADC, mainly intended for use with the Arduino connectors
- 14-pin Serial Expansion Interface Connector compatible with several expansion modules from Embedded Artists
- 10-pin SWD connector for optional external debug probe
- User prototyping area
This USB powered board will support 3 development environments:
- Code Red LPCXpresso – This IDE supports programming and debugging using the on-board CMSIS-DAP interface, no additional hardware debugger (e.g. LPC-Link) is needed.
- mbed USB onboard interface – LPC800-MAX features the latest version of the mbed interface from ARM, and you’ll be able to work just like with any other mbed board using the on-line compiler. Visit mbed cookbook site for the LPC800-MAX board for details.
- Arduino – The Arduino connectors on the LPC800-MAX are compatible with “Arduino UNO” platform, and you can add compatible shields.
LPC800-MAX will be available in April for a suggested price of 16 Euros. You can also enter a draw to get it for $8.12 on mbed site. Information is sparse, but you’ll eventually be able to get further details on NXP’s LPC800-MAX page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|