We already had the source code for Freescale i.MX6 HDMI TV dongle, and some work has been done on the Linux front by imx6-dongle community to make Ubuntu work on Hi802 and GK802 mini PCs. Today, I’ve just found out Freescale has also released the hardware files and some application notes for their HDMI TV dongle reference platform (MX6x_HDMI_DONGLE).
There are 2 files for download:
- hdmi_dongle_hardware_design_package.rar.zip – Hardware files for i.MX 6 mini PC
- app_note.rar.zip – Zip file with some hardware application notes
Let’s have a look at the hardware design files:
- wifi_rtl8192ce.zip – Schematics in PDF and DSN (OrCAD) format, gerber files, BoM and manufacturing files for the Wi-Fi module.
- bom_hdmi_dongle_revb2_20130116_1500.xls – Bill of materials for i.MX 6 HDMI dongle
- pcb_hdmi_dongle-revb2-20130116_1700.rar – PCB layout (.brd) and gerber files
- sch_hdmi_dongle_revb2_20130116_1500.rar – Schematics for i.MX6 mini PC in PDF and DSN formats.
We also have three application notes:
- AN4397 Common Hardware Design for i.MX 6Dual6Quad and i.MX 6Solo6DualLite.pdf – Giving hardware design recommendations for DRAM, SATA, I2C, MIPI, Display, etc..
- IMX6DQ6SDLHDG.pdf – Hardware Development Guide for i.MX 6Quad, 6Dual, 6DualLite,
6Solo Families of Applications Processors
- AN4579.pdf – i.MX 6 Series Thermal Management Guidelines
That looks pretty good, and that means that the first open source hardware mini PC / HDMI stick I’ve ever seen.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
One Reply to “Freescale i.MX 6 TV Dongle Schematics, PCB Layout, and Application Notes”
great news. I hope soon a dongle with a RJ45 Ethernet port will be available. not those giant boxes:)