AMD announced the G-Series SoC, AFAIK the first x86 SoC including CPU, GPU and chipset (ala ARM), at the end of April, and a few products are already available such as Win Enterprises MB-60830. One of those new SoCs, GX-416RA, is especially designed for headless applications, and does not features GPU. Deciso decided to use this processor in the standard version of their Netboard A10, a single board computer that can be used for network based appliances such as IP-PBX, Firewall & UTM or Load Balancer. The company also provides 2 other versions of the board that includes AMD G-Series SoCs with Radeon GPU.
- AMD Embedded GX-416RA G-Series SoC (4x 1.65GHz Jaguar cores, 2MB L2 cache, 15W TDP, no GPU)
- Option 1: AMD Embedded GX-415GA G-Series SoC (4 x 1.5GHz Jaguar cores, 2MB L2 cache, 15W TDP, Radeon HD 8330E GPU)
- Option 2: AMD Embedded GX-210HA G-Series SoC (2 x 1.0GHz Jaguar cores, 1MB L2 cache, 9W TDP, Radeon HD 8210E GPU)
- System Memory – Up to 8GB DDR3 non-ECC, 1x 1600/1333/1066
- I/O Interfaces:
- 1 x PCIe x4 Edge Connector
- 5x USB 2.0 (2 on header, 1 on edge connector, 2 external ports)
- 3x Serial (2 on header, 1 with integrated usb serial converter on miniUSB B port)
- 2x SATA 3 + mini power header (JST)
- SD card socket
- 6x GPIO on header (2 shared with micro switch and gpio indicator led) Optional
- 1x Display Port ++ (aka Dual Mode)
- 1x VGA on header
- Ethernet – 4x Gigabit Ethernet (Intel 82574L)
- External 12V [wide range capable 7-24VDC]
- ACPI 3.0 (With 5V power rail always active)
- Temperature range – Operating: 0 to +45°C, Storage: -20 to +80°C
- Humidity – Operating: 10 to 95% r. H. non cond. / Storage 5 to 95% r. H. non cond.
- Dimensions – 185mm x 125mm
Deciso supports both Linux and FreeBSD on the board, with other operating systems available on request. Netboard A10 boots with SageBIOS Coreboot from a 32Mbit serial SPI flash. The board also powers the company’s 19” Netboard A10 based Network appliance.
Linux Gizmos reports samples of the Netboard A10 will be available in Q4 2013, and mass production of the board and rack appliance should start in Q1 2014. Further information is available on Netboard A10 and Netboard A10 Rack Appliance pages.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|