The Consumer Electronics Show and LinuxConf Australia are completely different events, the former targets consumers and takes place in the US, and the latter is for Linux users, developers & systems administrators, and occurs in Australia. However, both happened at the same time this year, and video recording for CES 2014 keynotes, and LinuxConf Australia 2014 (LCA 2014) sessions for both events are now available.
CES 2014 Keynote videos
I’ve been informed that at least some of CES 2014 keynote videos are now available online. I can access 9 videos from Intel, Yahoo, Audi, Cisco, Sony, etc…
Thanks to Csilie for the link.
Linux Conference Australia 2014
The first day (Monday) had 4 miniconfs:
- Developer, Testing, Release and Continuous integration Automation – Improving the way to produce, collaborate, test and release software.
- Open Government – Progress of open government in Australia
- Open Radio – Facilitating communication between the amateur radio and open source communities.
- Systems Administration – Tips, tricks, tools, and best practices used to manage real-world Linux environments both large and small.
Whereas there were 6 in day 2:
- Linux Kernel – Deep technical presentations about a variety of kernel topics.
- Haecksen – A group of smart, vibrant women all working in some way with open source technology.
- Astronomy – Use of Linux and open source technologies in astronomy, mainly for large-scale professional astronomy projects, but some sessions related to amateur astronomers too.
- Multimedia and Music – Discuss new directions in FOSS multimedia software and hardware, and exchange ideas about how to make best use of the tools at our disposal.
- OpenStack – Deployment and development for OpenStack.
- Arduino – Use Arduino microcontroller board as a stepping stone to help ease software developers into dealing with Open Hardware.
The last three days had lots of sessions about a multiple of subjects including Android, file systems, drivers development, graphics, development process, the Raspberry Pi, power management, Linux kernel internals, and more.
You can access and download the videos either directly on the HTTP mirror, or by browsing LCA 2014 schedule and clicking on the video link for videos that interest you the most. I could not find presentation slides, except for three listed on that page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
One Reply to “CES 2014 Keynotes and Linux Conference Australia 2014 Videos”
Someone made a torrent of the linux conf au 2014, see here http://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/1uzqwu/linuxconfau_2014_videos_torrent/
warning: I didn’t try it personally