Since about a year, we’ve seen several Android based game console such as the Ouya or PlayJam GameStick coming to market. These are sold below $100, but feature some older hardware specs that may not run the latest games at optimal speed. Mad Catz game console, powered by an Nvidia Tegra 4, provides a much smoother gaming experience, but cost $199.99. If you’d like the performance of the Mad Catz but at a lower price point, ZTE Funbox also powered by Nvidia Tegra 4 quad core Cortex A15 processor is currently available on Aliexpress for $145.99 including shipping.
- SoC – Nvidia Tegra 4 quad core ARM Cortex A15 @ 1.8 GHz with 72-core GeForce ULP GPU (74.8 GFLOPS)
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3L
- Storage – 8GB eMMC 4.5 up to 120MB/s
- Audio / Video Output – HDMI up to 1080p60 or 4K30
- Connectivity – Ethernet, dual band Wi-Fi (2.4/5GHz), and Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 1x USB host port, 1x micro USB OTG
- Power – 12V/1.5A
- Dimensions – 78x78x84 mm
- Weight – 450 grams (package weight?)
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.