As we’ve seen in our list of RK3288 Android TV boxes, CloudnetGo has already announced CR12 and CR13 models powered by the quad core Cortex A17 SoC. With their new CR16 model, they are the only Rockchip RK3288 TV box with VGA (and HDMI + AV) output that I know of. Another interesting feature of this media player is the enclosure which stands vertically.
The rest of the specifications will probably make you yawn as it’s the same story all over again:
- SoC – Rockchip RK3288 quad core CortexA17 @ 1.8 GHz + Mali-T764 GPU with support for OpenGL ES 1.1/2.0 /3.0, and OpenCL 1.1
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 8 to 16GB NAND Flash + micro SD slot (up to 32 GB)
- Connectivity – 100M/1000M Ethernet, dual band WiFi 802.11 b/g/n (AP6330 module) using external Wi-Fi antenna, and Bluetooth 4.0
- Video Output – HDMI output, AV output (3.5mm jack), and VGA
- Audio Output – HDMI, AV, and optical S/PDIF
- USB – 3x USB 2.0 host port
- Power Supply – N/A
- Misc – Power button and LED, reset/recovery button.
- Dimensions – N/A
- Weight – N/A
The thing is supposed to run Android 4.4 Kitkat and support XBMC, and it should become available in August. It’s not on any retailers site, nor Alibaba, and all we get are some picture on CloudnetGo CR16 product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.