As Rockchip RK3288 based tablets and TV boxes are slowly starting to reach end-users, it may be a good time to post instructions showing how to root your Android device. Geekbuying has just published a guide to root RK3288 tablets and media players. The instructions below require a PC or Virtual Machine running Windows XP/7/8, but hopefully instructions to root under Linux similar the ones for RK3066/RK3188 will surface soon.
- Install Rockchip USB drivers by downloading the latest DriverAssistant which adds support for Rockchip RK3288. Simply extract the files and click on DriverInstall.exe to complete the installation.
- Download the latest version of VRoot tools. and basically follow the same instructions as for Amlogic S802 root which I’ll summarize below.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your device (Settings->Developer Options->USB Debug)
- Connect your RK3288 device to your PC via a USB cable. (OTG port)
- Start VRoot. It should detect your device automatically. Click on “Get root” or “Root again” to complete the process.
- Your device should then reboot, and you are done.
You can now run Root Checker app, or run another app that requires root access to confirm it’s working.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|