If you follow this blog (and others), you should already know there’s a new dual core Cortex A9 Android mini PC in town based on Rockchip RK3066. Deadhp1, a reader of this blog, bought one and left a short review about the device, including his first impressions and an Antutu benchmark (6801). He also noticed that the device is not rooted by default, and followed the instructions for Window N90 II tablet (source: Slatedroid) to root the device:
- Download Moborobo
- Download a modified version of SuperOneClick – Short Fuse (Originally found in Slatedroid link above).
- Install Moborobo and start the program
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled on your mini PC(Settings –> Developer Options)
- Connect your UG802 mini PC (using the microUSB port) to your PC
- Wait for Moborobo to detect the device
- Extract the contents of SuperOneClick
- Run SuperOneClick.exe
- Click on Root
- It will says the device is already rooted, click “Yes” to proceed anyway.
I assume those instructions should work for most (all?) RK3066 devices.