With HP SlateBook 14, Hewlett Packard already had a Tegra (4) based notebook with a 14″ display, but running Android 4.3, which may not be the best OS on such device. The company has now announced their new Chromebook 14 featuring an Nvidia Tegra K1 processor, 2 to 4GB RAM, and 16GB eMMC or 32GB M.2 SSD. The previous version of HP Chromebook 14 was based on Intel Celeron 2955U.
HP Chromebook 14 specifications:
- SoC- Nvidia Tegra K1 quad core Cortex A15 processor with Kepler GK20A GPU
- System Memory – 2 to 4 GB DDR3L @ 1600MHz depending on model
- Storage – 16GB eMMC, or 32 GB M.2 SSD, and 100GB Google Drive Storage
- Display – 14″ display (1080p according to press release, 1366×768 according to product page).
- Video Output – HDMI
- Audio – 3.5mm headphone-out/microphone-in combo jack
- Camera – HD webcam with integrated microphone
- Connectivity – 802.11 b/n/g/ac Wi-Fi (2×2) and Bluetooth
- Cellular Connectivity – HP M.2 3042-S3 LTE/HSPA + Mobile Broadband Module, or HP cr3124 HSPA + Mobile Broadband Module, optional WWAN
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 port, 2x USB 2.0 host ports
- Battery – 3-cell 37Whr lithium-ion polymer battery. Up to 8 hours 15 minutes using Chrome OS power_LoadTest.
- Dimensions – 34.4 x 24.0 x 1.78 cm
- Weight – 1.715 kg