Seeed Studio and Dexter Industries has introduced the GrovePi+ Starter Kit for the Raspberry Pi (All models) that includes the GrovePi+ board, and various Grove modules adding sensors, buttons, a buzzer, LEDs and more.
GrovePi+ board connects to the GPIO header of the Raspberry Pi, and features several Grove connectors to interface with Groves modules part of the starter kit
- Grove Light Sensor Module
- Grove Sound Sensor Module
- Grove Temperature and Humidity Sensor Module (not the ‘PRO’ version)
- Grove Button Module
- Grove Rotary Angle Sensor Module
- Grove Buzzer Module
- Grove Relay Module
- 3x Grove LED Modules (One Red, Green, and Blue LEDS, all replaceable with user LED)
- Grove Ultrasonic Sensor Module
- Grove LCD RGB Backlight Module
Grove cables, and a GrovePi+ guidebook are also included.
The GrovePi+ board is an Arduino compatible board featuring ATMEGA328 microcontroller, and can be programmed with C/C++, Python, and experimental Go and node.js coding is also available. GrovePi+ wiki includes details about the board, and links to individual tutorial for individual grove module listed above. Source code and hardware files can be found on github, and support on the forums. The hardware files are still for the older GrovePi board, which does not support R-Pi model A+ and B+, but hopefully these will be updated once the product ships.
The kit is up for pre-order on Seeed Studio for $59.95, and shipping is scheduled for January 15, 2015.