Allwinner H3 SoC was announced last month, promoted as a quad core processor for low cost ($35 to $50) media players with HEC/H.265 codec support up to 2160p. At least one box – model TVPP0030 – has shown up on Aliexpress for $83.79 including shipping, so either the price initially announced was the BoM cost, or the first sellers offer the box at a premium.
- SoC – Allwinner H3 quad core ARM Cortex A7 @ 1.5GHz with quad core Mali-400MP2
- System Memory – 1 GB DDR3
- Storage – 8 GB NAND flash + micro SD slot up to 32GB
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth
- Video Output – HDMI 1.3? up to 4K2K, AV output
- Audio Output – HDMI, AV, optical S/PDIF
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 ports
- Misc – IR sensor, recovery pinhole
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – N/A
- Weight – N/A
The specifications and features are quite similar to BFS 4KH I’ve just reviewed, with an Hisilicon quad core Cortex A7 processor, 4K & H.265 support, a faster GPU, and a USB 3.0 port, but selling for just over $50 including shipping. So if the price does not come down, Allwinner H3 Android media players won’t sell so well…
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
wow i can get many rk3288 boxes that cost less then this OMG this is stupid price .
A new box, price is $60:
Much better, but still not so exciting… for a device based on an SoC similar to Amlogic S805.
Edit: I forgot 4K H.265 is supported, so maybe not so bad after all…