GoPro launched the action camera craze a few years ago, and many companies made lower cost products inspired my the popular action / sports camera. These can be great, but sometime mounting the camera can be an issue, and a company has decided to make some sort of GoPro sunglasses with a camera and Wi-Fi connectivity, in a style similar to Google glass but for shooting videos only. The OEM product is sold as TC62 on Tinydeals ($250), Iwearcam HD-S568 on Ebay ($210), or G200 on Aliexpress ($387). All these sunglasses look the same and are based on Ambarella A5 SoC, so if you look for ambarella A5 sunglasses on Google, you may find even more model names.
- SoC – Ambarella A5 SoC
- System Memory – N/A
- Storage – N/A GB internal storage + micro SD card slot for videos
- Camera – 5 or 8MP camera (16MP extrapolated), 140° wide angle lens
- Video – MP4 @ 1080p30, 720p60, 720p30, or VGA @ 120 fps
- Audio – Built-in MIC
- Connectivity – 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi
- USB – mini USB 2.0 port for charging and file transfer
- Misc – Battery, Wi-Fi and Power LEDs, reset button, mode switch, and vibrator.
- Battery – 800mAh polymer lithium battery
- Dimensions – 160 x 170 x 40 mm
- Weight: 120 g
The sunglasses are sold with a USB cable, a power adapter, a user’s manual, four lenses with different colors, and an optional 2.4GHz wireless remote control (range up to 50 meters) with “inquiry key”, “shutter key” and a “dual color indicator”. The remote control is included on the Ebay listing, but apparently not on Tinydeal.
You can also watch the live output from the camera, and configure your glasses over Wi-Fi by installing Wearcam app for Android or iOS. Shenzhen ZSbrother Technology designed the apps, but they’re most probably not the manufacturer, as they seem to be a software development company.
Thanks to onebir for the tip.