Most standardized system-on-modules for embedded and industrial applications are still based on established Silicon vendors such as Freescale, Texas Instruments or Atmel, simply because documentation and support is generally much better than relatively new SoC vendors, most of the time China-based, such as Allwinner or Rockchip. That does not mean nobody is using Rockchip or Allwinner on their modules, as shown recently with Olimex RK3188-SOM, and previously with an Allwinner 10 CoM. But Theobroma Systems, an Austrian based engineering services and embedded systems solutions company, may have a first with a Micro Qseven compliant modules powered by Allwinner A31, simply called A31-μQ7.
- SoC – Allwinner A31 quad core ARM Cortex A7 processor up to 1.2GHz with 256KB L1 cache / 1024KB L2 cache, and PowerVR SGX544MP2 GPU
- System Memory – Up to 2GB DDR3
- Storage – Up to 64GB eMMC, Up to 16MB SPI NOR flash, On-board SATA II and SD card controller
- Display I/F (via edge connector) – HDMI 1.4 (1080p60), Dual-channel LVDS
- Connectivity – 10/100/1000 Mbps PHY
- USB – Integrated USB hub supporting up to 8 USB ports
- Other I/Os – CAN, UART, 8x GPIO, I2S, I2C, SMBus, SPI, FAN
- Security – Security module for smart metering, industry 4.0 (What is that?). GlobalPlatform 2.2.1 compliant JavaCard 2.2 environment. EAL4-certified smartcard controller.
- Power – 5V; AXP PMIC
- Dimensions – 70mm x 40mm (μQseven form factor)
- Temperature Range – Commercial: 0ºC to 60ºC; Industrial: -20ºC to 70ºC
The company can provide BSPs (board support packages) for Android and Linux, which also include the relevant drivers for the security modules. A Mini-ITX baseboard suitable for both Qseven and μQseven modules is said to available for evaluation and development, but no details were provided.
Further information may eventually become available on Theobroma Systems website.
Via L’embarque (and embedded_geek).
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|