Android One program aims to delivers low cost smartphones for emerging market with the latest Android version and firmware updates for at least 2 years. Google started with India, shortly followed with Indonesia, and now the company has announced the launch of an Android One smartphone for Thailand with its partnership with i-Mobile.
- SoC – Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 (MSM8916) quad core Cortex A53 processor @ up to 1.2 GHz with Adreno 306 GPU and Hexagon V50 DSP
- System Memory – 1GB RAM
- Storage – 16GB eMMC + micro SD slot up to 32GB
- Display – 5″ multitouch display, 1280×720 resolution
- Connectivity – WiFi, A-GPS
- Cellular Connectivity
- 2G: 900/1800 MHz (for AIS, Dtac and True mobile providers)
- 3G: 850/2100 MHz (for AIS, Dtac, True and 3GX mobile providers)
- HSDPA (Mbps) Download : 42 Mbps; HSUPA (Mbps) Upload : 11 Mbps
- Dual SIM card support
- Camera – 2.0 MP front-facing camera, 8.0MP rear camera with back-side illuminated sensor (BSI), auto-focus, and flash.
- Audio – 3.5mm headset jack, microphone and speaker
- USB – 1x micro USB OTG port
- Misc – Volume and power button
- Battery – 2,500 mAh LiPo battery. Up to 200 hours standby, 8 hours talk.
- Dimensions – 140.5 x 69.75 x 9.3 mm
- Weight – 134 grams
The phone is currently running Android Lollipop, and since it has been launched in July 2015, it will receive firmware updates with the latest version of Android until June/July 2017. The battery, a micro USB charger, a headset, a user’s manual, a USB cable, and a protective film are included in the smartphone package.
The phone is available now for a rather inauspicious 4,444 Baht price tag (~$126) at i-mobile shops, and online. You may find out more information on i-Mobile IQ II product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.