Element14 has recently launched their “Texas Instruments AM437x Starter Kit” based on Sitara AM4378 Cortex A9 processor, including a board and touch screen LCD, and targeting industrial, HMI (Human Machine Interface) and networking applications.
- SoC – Texas Instruments Sitara AM4378 ARM Cortex A9 processor @ 1 GHz with PowerVR SGX530 GPU
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3L SDRAM (2x 4-Gb Micron chips).
- Storage – 64MB SPI NOR Flash (MX66L51235FMI), serial EEPROM with board specific data, 1x micro SD slot
- Display – 4.3″ Capacitive Touch LCD
- Connectivity – 2x 10/100/1000M Ethernet RJ45 ports (Micrel KSZ9031RN transceivers), support for COM8 form-factor wireless boards via J20 Samtec card edge connector.
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 host port, 2x micro USB ports
- Camera – 2x 12 header for custom-made camera module from TI
- Audio – TLV320AIC3106 audio codec, 2x audio jacks for headphone out, and Line In
- Sensors – Accelerometer (STMicro LIS331DLH)
- Misc – Menu, Home, Back and Search buttons, user LEDs
- Power Supply – 5V DC (rated 2.5 A minimum) via a DC Jack
- Dimensions – N/A
The kit includes the evaluation board, a power supply, a micro SD card with Linux, a micro SD to SD Adapter, a micro USB Cable, and a Quick Start Guide. Documentation can be found on Element14 website. The board may have been launched a few days ago by Element14, but it’s also been available via Texas Instruments website for about a year, and you can also find the same documentation on TI website.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|