So I’ m not quite sure whether Intel XMM6321 and Rockchip RK6321 are the same processor with a different name, or Rochchip tweaked RK6321 specifically for wearables.
Key features of Rockchip RK6321 processor:
- CPU – Two Cortex A5 cores up to 1GHz with 32KB L1 D-cache, 32KB L1 I-cache, and 512KB L2 cache
- GPU – Supports OpenGL ES 2.0
- Memory and Storage I/F – 16-bit LP-DDR2 SDRAM, 8-bit eMMC, 16-bit NAND
- Display I/F – MIPI DSI up to FWVGA resolution (854×480)
- Video / Camera
- 1080p video playback
- 720p30 video recording
- MIPI CSI-2 interface for 8MP YUV/RAW camera
- 2MP front camera I/F
- Cellular Connectivity
- 3GPP Rel-9 HSPA 21/5.8 Mbps, 3G/2G dual-SIM dual-standby dual hot-swap with DvP (what is that?)
- 3G quad-band, 2G quad band SCPA (Single Carrier Power Amplifier), or separate PX’s DCXO (Digitally Controlled Oscillators) support
- Infineon / Intel solution
- Connectivity – 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, FM radio, and A-GPS, GPS, GLONASS
The factory price of the smartwatch in the video above, which includes WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, and 3G connectivity, is said to be $49. There’s no product page on Rockchip website, but eventually it should be listed with other Rockchip processors.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.