So I’ m not quite sure whether Intel XMM6321 and Rockchip RK6321 are the same processor with a different name, or Rochchip tweaked RK6321 specifically for wearables.
Key features of Rockchip RK6321 processor:
- CPU – Two Cortex A5 cores up to 1GHz with 32KB L1 D-cache, 32KB L1 I-cache, and 512KB L2 cache
- GPU – Supports OpenGL ES 2.0
- Memory and Storage I/F – 16-bit LP-DDR2 SDRAM, 8-bit eMMC, 16-bit NAND
- Display I/F – MIPI DSI up to FWVGA resolution (854×480)
- Video / Camera
- 1080p video playback
- 720p30 video recording
- MIPI CSI-2 interface for 8MP YUV/RAW camera
- 2MP front camera I/F
- Cellular Connectivity
- 3GPP Rel-9 HSPA 21/5.8 Mbps, 3G/2G dual-SIM dual-standby dual hot-swap with DvP (what is that?)
- 3G quad-band, 2G quad band SCPA (Single Carrier Power Amplifier), or separate PX’s DCXO (Digitally Controlled Oscillators) support
- Infineon / Intel solution
- Connectivity – 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, FM radio, and A-GPS, GPS, GLONASS
Charbax interviewed the company at the Hong Kong Electronics Fair, where Rockchip showcased some RK6321 based trackers and smartwatches, as well as a development kit.
The factory price of the smartwatch in the video above, which includes WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, and 3G connectivity, is said to be $49. There’s no product page on Rockchip website, but eventually it should be listed with other Rockchip processors.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
13 Replies to “Rockchip RK6321 Dual Core Cortex A5 SoC Targets Wearables with WiFi, Bluetooth, 3G and GPS”
Wow , for under $100 this is really cool stuff indeed. Already ordered a Blocks now though.
Android 5.0 includes ART and other goodies though, not to mention Android 6.0 so having just KitKat with no plans to move forwards … kindof kills it and it’s a pity because it looks like something very nice.
Android 5.0 also has all of the Android Auto support in it.
art can be enabled in 4.4.4 in developers options – at least on devices I had access to.
True but it’s still experimental in KitKat and that shows. Plus in the good Chinese spirit there will probably be no kernel sources available in case you want to do the work for them and port an newer Android version … really lame.
Can you please tell me In which website you ordered ?
how do I buy it?
HI, Please can you tell me where I can purchase one of these smartwatches? As I have been looking for the past week to find the best one and I really want to buy this one. Thank you. Kerry
I can’t find any RK6321 device one the market yet, probably still in development.
i WANT THIS WATCH WHERE DO I BYU FOR IT AND ITS ACTUAL PRICE
Not available yet.
FYR. RK6321 is also called XMM6321.
where and when will this be available?
If the SoC is indeed an Intel/Rockchip based project, it might have been killed.