Intel has a published a product change notification regarding an update to Intel Atom x7-Z8700, x5-Z8500, and x5-Z8300 processors with the new Intel Atom x7-Z8750, x5-8550, and x5-Z8350 processors with higher CPU burst frequencies, and some graphics fixes (Alpha Blending and ASTC issues). The company has also come up with a naming scheme for the Gen8 GPUs used in the processors with the 12EU (Execution Units) SKU being called HD Graphics 400, and the 16EU SKU called HD Graphics 405.
That means there are now 6 Cherry Trail processors:
- Atom x5-Z8300 quad core processor @ 1.44 GHz with 1.84 GHz burst frequency and HD Graphics 400
- Atom x5-Z8350 quad core processor @ 1.44 GHz with 1.92 GHz burst frequency and HD Graphics 400
- Atom x5-Z8500 quad core processor @ 1.44 GHz with 2.24 GHz burst frequency and HD Graphics 400
- Atom x5-Z8550 quad core processor @ 1.44 GHz with 2.4 GHz burst frequency and HD Graphics 400
- Atom x7-Z8700 quad core processor @ 1.6 GHz with 2.4 GHz burst frequency and HD Graphics 405
- Atom x7-Z8750 quad core processor @ 1.6 GHz with 2.56 GHz burst frequency and HD Graphics 405
The rest of the feature for Z8x50 processors remain the same as Z8x00 processors, and I understand the older parts will be phased out in September 2016.
The new processors are sampling now, and Intel’s customers should start receiving the new parts in February 2016 (Date of First Availability of Post-Conversion Material).
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
I would prefer an earlier release of Willow-Trail atoms. They are the atom version of Skylake, and they have Gen9 GPU – 5XX series graphics. Even though only Gen10 (that would arrive first at Kaby Lake for desktop) – 6XX series graphics – would finally (hopefully, because currently there is no information) bring full 4K support @60fps and with HDMI 2.0. A hardware solution, and not hybrid (meaning with software) one. So if Intel wouldn’t push it ahead, full 4K support would arrive to Atoms only after 18 months (or more…) from now! And it’s frustrating! I would have preferred… Read more »
There are also some changes for Intel Celeron N3050, N3150, and Pentium N3700 processors @ https://qdms.intel.com/dm/i.aspx/06e5b9ae-7807-4778-a038-e1cfa39fdfc2/PCN114183-00.pdf
They will be called J3050, J3150 and J3700 processors with a higher burst frequency for CPU and GPU, TDP up from 6W to 6.5W.
“The 3-digit graphics branding is ONLY on D-step refresh sku: Intel HD Graphics 405 for Pentium with 16EU SKU and Intel HD Graphics 400 for Celeron with 12 EU SKU.”
I think that should be Z8700 and Z8750 instead of Z7800 and Z7850 in the first paragraph.