When Android TV boxes started to take off around 2013, a few model would include a camera and sit on top of the TV such as MK818. However I’ve seen less model in that form factor since then, until I came across MX HD23 Android TV Box powered by Allwinner H3 quad core processor and featuring a HD webcam for videoconferencing.
Beside the camera, MX HD23 specifications are pretty standard:
- SoC – Allwinner H3 quad core ARM Cortex A7 @ 1.2 GHz with quad core Mali-400MP2 @ 600 MHz
- System Memory – 1 GB DDR3
- Storage – 8 GB eMMC + micro SD slot up to 32GB
- Connectivity – 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi
- Video Output – HDMI up to 4K2K @ 30Hz, 3.5mm AV jack
- Audio Output – HDMI, and 3.5mm stereo audio jack
- Camera – 2.0 MP front-facing camera with
twomicrophones (up to 5 meter range) and swivel arm. [Update: Only one microphone]
- USB – 1x mini USB, 1x USB 2.0 host port
- Misc – Power key, IR receiver, upgrade key
- Power Supply – 5V/2A via power barrel
- Dimensions – 93.5×53.5×19.5mm (without stand)
- Weight – 131 grams
The Android 4.4 TV box ships with an IR Remote control, an HDMI cable, an OTG adapter, a power supply, and its TV stands, and an English user’s manual.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|