PiPO X6S is a Windows 10 mini PC powered by an Intel Atom x5-Z8300 quad core processor with up to 4GB RAM, 64GB eMMC, and a 2.5″ internal SATA bay, that includes support for 802.11ac WiFi, and two Ethernet ports.
PiPO X6S specifications (preliminary since the specs on GeekBuying are a complete mess, and pictures are lacking):
- SoC – Intel Atom x5-Z8300 “Cherry Trail” quad core processor @ 1.44 GHz/1.84 GHz with Intel Gen8 HD graphics
- System Memory – 4 GB DDR3
- Storage – 64 GB flash, 2.5″ SATA drive support, and micro SD slot up to 128GB
- Video and Audio Output – HDMI and AV
- Connectivity – 2x 10/100M Ethernet ports, 802.11 b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth 4.0 via Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 Plus Bluetooth card
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x USB 3.0 port
- Misc – Reset and power button
- Power Supply – 5V/3A
- Dimensions – 153.4×153.4x38mm
- Weight – 340 grams
The specifications also mention MT7620A WiFi module, and 10/100M Ethernet in other places, so I’ve asked the company to clarify, and provide more pictures if available (GeekBuying confirms there was no MT7620A, and Ethernet was limited to 10/100M). The mini PC looks quite thin on the picture, so I thought an hard drive could not fit inside. But the specs mention it’s 3.8cm high, or about the same as some Intel NUCs, so it should be feasible. Pictures showing the USB 3.0 port and dual RJ45 ports are also missing. [Update: You can find out more in the video below starting at 1m36s.
I’m still confident the specs should be roughly accurate, as PiPO X6S product page has mostly the same specs (with less details). Yet you’d probably want to avoid this product for now, at least until specs are clarified, but GeekBuying is already taking pre-orders for $199.99 including shipping with delivery scheduled for Janury 15, 2016.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or cryptocurrencies, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|