Smartwatches and wearables in general have to main implementations for the user interfaces, either using a display and physical button, or a touch screen display. Asu Cast 1 changed all that, as they removed the display, using a touch panel (no screen) combined with a projector, using your hand or other surfaces.
- SoC – Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 (APQ8026) processor @ 1.2 GHz
- System Memory – 768 MB RAM
- Storage – 4GB flash
- Projector – 1280 x 600 resolution, 15 lumens brightness (equivalent to 100 lumens DLP projectors), “screen” size: 2″ to 60″.
- Touch panel – Multi-touch
- Connectivity – WiFi and Bluetooth
- Sensors – Gravity sensor and gyroscope
- Battery – 740 mAh battery
- Dimensions – 50 x 41 x 14.6 mm
- Weight – 65.9 grams
The thing runs a heavily customized version of Android 5.1, and supports DLNA, Miracast and Airplay. The company did not disclose battery life data, but mentioned that “watching the video is a huge challenge for the battery life”, and that’s why a “Home Dock” holding and charging the watch is also available.
Asu Cast 1 is now sold in China for 2980 RMB (~$457 US).
Via Liliputing and Gizchina.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
3 Replies to “Asu Cast One Android Smartwatch Features a Projector and Touch Panel”
Where can you by the Smartwatch now? Who will be selling and here in United States please keep me updated and informed on the information
Where sall I buy the ash cast in India Amazon it??????
Where sall I buy the asu cast in India Amazon it??????