I’m not a big fan of fitness trackers without display that require you to monitor your daily progress on your smartphone, and that’s probably why when Xiaomi released their first fitness band I was not quite as interested, but now the Chinese company has released Mi Band 2 with an OLED display, an heart rate monitor, IP67 ingress protection rating, and a 20-day of battery life for just 149 RMB ($23).
- Fitness, heart rate and sleep tracker
- OLED display, view time, step count, heart rate
- 20-day battery, IP67 water resistant
- ADI accelerometer and optical heart rate sensor
- Anodized 0.05mm ultra-thin button
- Upgraded pedometer algorithm
- Hypoallergenic silicone band
- 2nd gen Bluetooth 4.0 for faster, stable connections
The downside with an OLED display is that you normally have to press the button to turn it on, but Mi Band 2 display will also turn on when you lift your wrist. That will be great as long as it is properly implemented. I tried this feature on another smartwatch once, and simply typing on a keyboard would turn on the display, seriously limiting the battery life. Other features include sleep monitoring, and phone unlock.
Via Xiaomi Facebook page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|