InfoTM (aka InfoTMIC) is a Shanghai based fabless silicon vendor established in 2008, and while I wrote about their iMAPx15 tablet processor a few years ago, you’d be forgotten if you’ve never heard about the company. One of their latest solution is InfoTM C23 processor designed for camera applications ranging from sports camera to car DVR and 360° / 720° cameras.
- CPU – 32-bit processor up to 600MHz
- Memory – Integrated 1Gb (128 MB) DRAM; supports 32-bit DDR2 / DDR3 / LPDDR2 533MHz
- Storage – SPI NOR Flash support
- “GPU”/ISP – ISP engine supporting up to 5MP sensors, 3D noise reduction, EIS, fish eyes, face recognition and other functions
- Video Processor – Full HD 1080p 30fps H.264 hardware decoding; 1080p 30fps H.264 hardware encoding
- Camera interfaces – ITU 601/656 & MIPI CSI
- Display Interface – RGB888 / I80 display interface
- Audio – I2S / PCM input and output
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet MAC
I could not find much more information about the processor and software support, but I’ve been told Linux 3.10 is supported.
One of the first device to feature the processor is G0601 panoramic “720° WiFi camera” sold on Banggood for around $134 shipped. G601 comes with two 210° camera lense with OV4689 4MP sensor, and can record 360° videos up to 1920×960 @ 30fps and capture photos up to 3040×1520 resolution. That’s 5MP, so some extrapolation may take place. An Android and iOS mobiel app is also available to control the camera and/or watch the video live.
You may be able to find more details about InfoTMIC C23 processor on the product page (in Chinese).
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.