Mediatek has recently unveiled MT2625 SoC based on an ARM Cortex-M core, equipped with an NB-IoT “WorldMode” modem allowing for a single design worldwide, and supporting the latest 3GPP Release 14 (LTE Cat NB2) specification.
Mediatek MT2625 specifications:
- CPU – ARM Cortex-M @ up to 104 MHz with FPU
- Embedded Memory – 4MB PSRAM
- Storage – 4MB NOR Flash
- NB-IoT compatible with 3GPP Release 14
- Full frequency band (450MHz to 2.1GHz) of 3GPP R13 (NB1) and R14 (NB2) standards
- Integrated baseband, RF, and modem DSP
- Peripherals – I2C, I2S, PCM, SDIO, UART
- Power Supply – Integrated PMU
The solution will be found in products for worldwide transportation, municipal use, and consumer products, with a much longer battery life compared to existing devices relying on other 2G/3G/4G standards.
According to the press release, one of the first module based on MT2625 has been designed in collaboration with China Mobile, integrates the company’s eSIM card, and supports OneNET IoT open platform. You won’t find many details on Mediatek MT2625’s product page, but you could contact the company there, if you plan to design and deploy such modules in large quantities.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|