I’ve seen many different kind of cases for development board from the simple acrylic enclosures, cheap plastic case, and more expansive wooden or metal cases. However so far I don’t think I had ever come across silicone cases, but while browsing new arrivals on DFRobot, I discovered a silicone case for LattePanda board.
Other specifications listed for the case:
- Non-toxic and non-smell silicone material (food grade)
- Cold & heat fatigue resisting
- Static electricity isolation
- Heat resistance: -40~250℃
- Dimensions – Top enclosure: 101.2 x 83.2 x 28.2 mm; bottom enclosure: 97 x 79 x 17.1 mm
- Weight – 60 grams (without board)
DFRobot sells the case for $6.90. That type of design is indeed not quite common, as I failed to find any equivalent case for Raspberry Pi boards.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.