We’ve already seen cheap 7″ displays that connect to development boards via a flat cable, or – more versatile – via a HDMI cable. Those do not always come with a case, so you’d just let them flat on the desk, or create your own enclosure. This morning, I’ve come across a 7″ HDMI display that is limited to 800×480 resolution, but could be useful thanks to its stand if you need something portable, or have limited space on your desk.
- Display – 7″ screen, 800 x480 resolution (RGB); 16:9 aspect ratio
- Video Input – 1x HDMI 1.2 input, 1x VGA input (up to 640 x 480), 2x video inputs (PAL/NTSC)
- Audio – Built-in 1.5W Hi-Fi speaker, 1x audio input
- User Input – 5 touch buttons, remote control
- Power Input – 12~24V DC
- Power Consumption – Less than 5W
- Dimensions – 17.8 cm x 11.9 cm x 2.1 cm (without stand)
- Weight – 232 grams
The display ships with AV (17cm) and VGA (115cm) cables, the stand, a remote control, a user manual in English, and a power adapter (US plug type). I found it on DealExtreme where it is normally sold for $39.99, but they have a promotion for the first 100 orders for $36.99. Coupon thanksgiving may also help lowering the price if the promo is over. I could also find similar models Aliexpress all selling for a little over $40
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.