Black Friday is coming soon, so we’ll start to see more an more interesting deals in the day ahead. Last summer, I wrote about what should be the cheapest RK3399 development board: Sapphire, Rockchip’s own evaluation board that sold for $75… on Taobao with limited availability. So not exactly the easiest board to get.
Just a quick reminder about the specifications:
- SoC – Rockchip RK3399 hexa-core big.LITTLE processor with two ARM Cortex A72 cores, four Cortex A53 cores, and an ARM Mali-T860 MP4 GPU
- System Memory – 4 GB LPDDR3, dual channel
- Storage – 8 GB eMMC flash, micro SD card
- Video Output / Display Interfaces – 1x HDMI 2.0 up to 4K @ 60 Hz; MIPI DSI, eDP, LVDS via MXM connector
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 host port, 1x USB 3.0 port, 1x USB 3.0 type C port with DisplayPort over Type C support
- Camera I/F – MIPI CSI signals
- 40-pin GPIO Raspberry Pi compatible header
- 314-pin MXM connector with PCIe 2.0 x4 and other signals..
- Misc – Power and reset keys
- Power Supply – 12V/2A DC via power barrel; RK808-D PMIC
The board will ship with a 12V/2A power adapter. Some documentation for the board can be found in Rockchip Open Source website. The full development kit combining Sapphire, Excavator carrier board, and an eDP display is also sold, but with only minimal discount for a total of $349.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|